Monday, November 10, 2008

... plus I gotta keep enough lettuce to support your shoe fetish!

I decided in my time of trouble to listen to the sage advice offered from beloved Fergie, formerly of the Black Eyed Peas: "If you ain't got no money take your broke ass home."
I'll be flying home December 16th to visit the family for Christmas. I'll fly back on the 28th, just in time to ring in the New Year in St. Pete. And hopefully my money will be returned to me soon. For those of you who don't already know- I must have used an ATM with a virus in it because after I withdrew money for rent some crooked thieves decided to withdraw all the rest of my money after stealing my account information. At first I thought it was a computer error- I was checking up on my account and noticed that it was about 400 below what I had predicted. The statement said that I had drawn out 400 two times when i had just done it the once. The bank had to wait till the next day to clear it up because the charges were still "pending". After learning that Obama will be our next president (yay!!) I decided to make sure that my account was back in shape. To my horror- I had a negative balance. Thieves.
Luckily I had set aside some extra cash at the start of my trip "just in case". Turns out this is that case- i'll have to wait at least another week to get a new ATM card, which is a pain because Petersburg is mostly a cash-and-carry city. It's going to be a thrifty couple of weeks.

In other news- I'm finishing up my article on artist books for the St. Petersburg Time's winter magazine! I'll be sure to post the link and save copies when it's published.

2 comments:

The Frank Boys said...

Bummer. How do you say "that sucks" in Russian.I hope the crooked thieves (is that redundant?)get what they deserve. Hang tough, two weeks will pass. I once ate potatoes for 10 days straight in Santa Barbara under similar financial conditions.I'd ask how everything else was going but that's like asking, "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?" We share your sentiments about the election. Get ready for "Bamalot". Take care....Uncle Barry

Denise said...

hey babykins. cant wait to read your article. also, when you go home, could you get some chunky peanut butter for your chunky friend in ekat?