Sunday, November 23, 2008

a lazy cozy sunday

Sasha spent the night after missing her marshrutka home last night and we woke up this morning to find the windowsills covered in snow! A real storm this time- a good five inches. We went to the store to stock up on food so that we could hibernate and have a Kill Bill marathon all day. We ate: ham+cheese grilled sandwiches, mandarines, apples, gingerbread cookies covered in chocolate, fresh-baked banana bread, pretzels and tea.
I went out to try to get a webcam tonight but the computer store was already closed. I called Megan last night through Skype and it was so fun to see everyone and give Sasha a tour of our house via skype! By now all the snow has turned into dirty slush. Walking around tonight I was so happy to have my new boots. They were impenetrable! I walked straight through slush puddles and kept warm and dry. All of this for just 1000 rubles (40 bucks!) what a deal after so many days of awful rain and wet feet.

No comments: