Sunday, September 28, 2008

Prints


This first print is a linocut block print. The lighting is off; it's really all black and white.

The next three are monotypes. Monotype printing is my favorite technique- combining etching, painting and drawing you can really create amazing images. It's quick, spontaneous and doesn't require cutting out pieces of plastic with metal tools that eventually slip and jab into your hands. However, it does leave your arms stained with ink for the next two days no matter how hard you scrub your skin.




I'm pretty sure my cow print was inspired by my run in with this lovely scene at the Sennaya Market the other day:

yup, that's a cow snout just plopped up on the counter.

1 comment:

e.b. said...

The copy of Pnin I have is just the photocopy that was in our reader, if you still happen to have that. But if you want it still, sure. And I'd love to go to the Nabokov museum with you. We have some of his butterflies at Wellesley in the Russian department from when he used to teach there, but I want to see all of them!