Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kostya's Dacha


Kostya's Dacha, originally uploaded by laurichka.

Yesterday we spent the day at Kostya's Dacha, having a cookout and enjoying some time away from the city. You can see pictures of it on my flickr page.
The pond next to Kostya's dacha was full of frogs mating- we heard a choir of croaking (more convincing than my nokia ringtone!) and saw about a hundred frogs mating all together and laying huge piles of eggs.
Spring is in full swing after waiting out a long long winter. I know that it's officially spring now because the fountains around the city have been turned on, all of my water heaters have been shut off, and restaurants all around the city are building their decks for patio seating. To make up for 4 hrs of sunlight in the winter, the days are long- sunshine lasting past 9 o'clock. Syd has a few more days here in Petersburg with me so I have to run to do more city touring. We've been having a fantastic time enjoying the new feeling of spring on this city.

No comments: