Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Printmaking Studio

Here are some shots of the St. Petersburg Printmaking Studio:

The door (the sign to the left of the doorbell says "sportclub")
This is Yuri:

Here's Yuri pulling a print (didn't quite turn out, but a neat photo!)


Here's a photo Yuri snapped of me working away:

Here are some pictures of the illustrations I'm doing for my book based on The Boy with the Red Balloon:
(this second one is my favorite so far):

The balloons in this print look so great!


I'm using a technique called "dry point" to make all of these- etching, scratching and gluing on old linoleum floor tiles. I'll take some pictures of the plates soon too.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Ahhh I love your prints! So stylistic compared with what I've seen of your stuff before.

Adams Carroll said...

i got your booklet and all of those excellent tram pictures. basically each one of them is instantly useful in my thesis right now! thanks lauren. also, i've got the illustrated apartment guide at my thesis desk so i can pretend i'm in pb already.

Sam said...

you're too busy writing status reports to tell the small folk how life is going? no, i know you're prob busy designing those tiles -- which look really, really awesome btw. I didn't have any idea they were on tiles at first, which makes them even cooler in my eyes. the balloons are cool...like little people or something..ah, forget that.